The Process of Selling Your Home
1. Decided when to sell.
- What are the market conditions?
- What is the timeframe you can work with?
- Are you also purchasing a home?
- Should you sell your current house before buying the next one?
2. Find a Realtor who is right for you
- It's crucial to find a Realtor that understands what's most important to you and your family. It's also critical that your Realtor has the determination (and competence) to make sure your best interests are looked after.
3. Understand the market value of your house.
- Part of my job involves educating you on market activity that may impact the value of your home.
- In order to be able to do this accurately, I am regularly inspecting houses as they come on the market. It isn't enough to just study listings online. A home can present very differently virtually compared to reality. By personally inspecting comparable properties, it gives me a thorough awareness of variables that could potentially influence the sale of your home.
- It's important to get the price right since a new listing typically gets the most amount of attention within the first 14 days of being on the market. Setting the price too low obviously means you lose money while setting the price too high means missing out on potential buyers that may have been suitable for your home.
4. Review and complete the paperwork.
- I will guide you through this part of the process by explaining all the details in a way that is easy to understand.
5. Prepare your home for sale.
- Take advantage of the services included with my team
6. Market and show.
- We actively market your home via a variety of different mediums to get the most amount of exposure possible
- Our office calls you to see whether potential showing time(s) are suitable for you
7. Receive an offer.
- Review and discuss all the terms and conditions.
- Decide on one of three options: accept offer, reject offer, sign back with a counter-offer
- This can be a very emotional time. it's a very valuable asset for you to have a professional with an objective perspective - understanding what's important to you - and working to protect your best interests.
8. Close the sale.
- We put a sold sign up and send all the paperwork to your lawyer.
- Your lawyer will arrange to meet with you a few days prior to closing in order to sign documents to transfer the title to the buyer
- On the closing date, your lawyer will receive and distribute the proceeds from the sale